I had a little "get your head out of your ass" talk with myself recently and decided to put down some resolutions so I can hold myself accountable.
The "I will do" resolutions:
- Lose weight, stay away from fast food, get myself and the kids out of the house more, get some exercise, save money and cook healthier meals for my family. All of this may lead to another baby I hope. I would also like to make this blog into something worth reading but I find myself eating cold mac and cheese and reading about the lives of women and mommies I want to be like. So not productive.
The "Things I need to remember" resolutions:
- That believing in karma or doing unto others means thoughts as well as actions. A smile and a kind word are sometimes better than trying to fix everything.
- I am an adult now and even though I want to stay in denial about it, my parents are getting older and I need to step up to not only be a good daughter but to show my kids how to treat their parents. I can yell all I want but setting the example is usually what works.
- Speaking of yelling. I need to stop. I swore I would never spank, yell or bribe my kids but I screwed that up once the threes hit town. It does no good to yell at little kids I learned that from my childhood and it beaks my heart to see the tears it causes and to hear that same anger in my voice that I heard in my Dads. It has to stop.
- I also need to remember that possessions do not equal happiness. I am usually good at this one but the internet makes retail therapy too damn easy.